We work with nursery & primary schools in Northern Uganda and Southern Zambia to empower whole communities to transform schools into thriving learning environments that build brighter, better futures.
We believe that education is the key to overcoming poverty, and our vision is an Africa where every child has equal access to quality education. Known for our holistic, responsive and innovative approach, we work with primary and nursery schools in Uganda and Zambia, two of the poorest countries in the world, to allow every child to fulfil their potential. We don’t just build classrooms, we empower whole communities – pupils, teachers and parents – to transform government- and parent-run schools into thriving learning environments that build brighter, better futures.
In both Uganda & Zambia our staff are based in the rural communities they serve; the Acholi region of northern Uganda, and the Kalomo District of southern Zambia. This proximity to our partners allows us to be more efficient with donor’s money and more accountable to the communities we serve. Both areas face complex barriers to quality education provision, one of the most crucial means for development. For two decades northern Uganda was the centre of a brutal civil war that saw 2 million people uprooted from their homes and tens of thousands kidnapped, mutilated or killed. Despite four decades of peace, Zambia remains one of the poorest and least developed nations in Africa with around two-thirds of Zambians living below the international poverty line.
African Revival aims to:
- To work towards an Africa where every child has equal access to quality education
- To drastically improve teaching and learning environments for students and teachers
- To improve girls' access to education and reduce numbers of girls dropping out of school
- To ensure all children in our focus regions have access to Early Childhood Development (ECD) Centres so that they are ready for school when they are old enough
- To support untrained teachers in rural parent-run community schools to become qualified and better paid
Established: March 2005
Registered Charity Number: 1108718
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 18
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 020 8939 3190
Address: 159a, High StreetHampton Hill TW12 1NLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Girls & SanitationGirls and Sanitation helps support girls education at schools in Uganda and Zambia. The p... More