Glasgow YWCA provides education, training and supported volunteering opportunities to women to raise awareness of, and challenge the causes of, social, economic and political exclusion -on site creche
Glasgow YWCA enables women, particularly those under 30, to develop their full potential and to participate at all levels of society worldwide. We provide education, training services and supported volunteering opportunities to women in order to raise awareness of, and challenge the causes of, social, economic and political exclusion in society.
Glasgow YWCA aims to:
- 1. To advance education and advance citizenship among women, especially those under 30
- 2. To relieve those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage, and especially among women under 30
- 3. To advance education among the general public, and in particular with regard to issues of special relevance to women under 30
- 4. To promote equality and diversity
- 5. To promote, operate and/or support other projects and initiatives which further similar charitable purposes for the benefit of women under 30.
Established: November 1874
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 5
Part time staff: 19
Phone number: 01412485338
Address: 3 Newton Terrace Glasgow G3 7PJView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website