Daventry Contact supports the material needs of people in the Daventry District area by reducing the burden of poverty with the supply of furniture, soft furnishings, household appliances etc.
Daventry Contact, a registered charity since 1988 with 20+ years experience helping people in the community especially those in need of furniture, beds, soft furnishings, and food parcels in the town of Daventry and 250 sq. Miles of the surrounding region of Daventry District.
Annually we collect from and delivered to around 1000+ homes and helped in excess of 500 families and individuals. Problems encountered by our clients include poverty fuelled by low income, disability, domestic violence, unemployment, and homelessness and in some cases mental health and learning difficulties. By helping and caring for their needs, we hope folks can experience better lives.
1. The relief of poverty by the provision of furniture, other household items and/or services calculated to reduce need, hardship or distress.
2. The relief of persons suffering from emotional distress and similar mental health challenges by the provision of assistance through work placement and volunteering opportunities in order to build self confidence.
3. The treat all people in need with whom the charity helps, with dignity and without prejudice.
4. To make a difference to peoples lives for the better. To lend a helping hand, share a word of encouragement and hope, and make a tangible difference to the folks we help.
5. To build a reputation as an altruistic organisation that reaches out to those who need the service we provide with an unselfish concern for their welfare
Daventry Contact aims to:
- The relief of poverty by the provision of furniture, other household accessories and/or services calculated to reduce need, hardship or distress.
- The relief of persons with mental health problems requiring treatment including persons suffering from emotional distress by the provision of assistance through work placement and volunteering opportunities.
- The advancement of the Christian religion in England and Wales.
Established: January 1988
Registered Charity Number: 1002659
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 01327 310711
Address: Units 1 & 2 South March Long March Industrial Estate DAVENTRY NN11 4PHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
New Van to Recycle Furniture to People in PovertyRaise funds for a new van that is essential for delivering and collecting furniture provid... More