Young And Inspired
Young And Inspired
Young and Inspired advocates for over 400 children, young people and young families; inhibited by inter-generational poverty and its subsequent challenges; living in inner city Hackney and neighboring boroughs. Our main activities include the four key components every child deserves:
Food: Access to nutritious meals daily.
Fun: We believe that having a happy fulfilling childhood is the basis for a healthy future.
Friends and relationships
Future: Skills to be financially literate +job ready.
Our vision is to empower multiply disadvantaged children and young people to beat financial, social and academic barriers so that they can have a great childhood, a healthy transition into adulthood. We aim to empower them with the tools to break free from the vicious intergenerational cycle of poverty, unemployment and low aspirations. We also aim to strengthen the young family unit which is the best way of ensuring that children`s physical, emotional and academic needs are met at a holistic and natural level. Our services range from breakfast clubs, after school activities, holiday opportunities, skills courses, social hubs and Sen support.
We are a dynamic user-led charity with six year track record of empowering socially excluded and disadvantaged C&YP. To date we have supported over 1500 users and demand for our services is increasing 19% annually. Our work has been visited and supported by Hackney Council, Childhood Trust, BBC children in need, Hackney Parochial, London Community Foundation among many other reputable community bodies. We are members of Sported, The Interlink Foundation and London Youth; and have been awarded a Silver Level London Youth Quality Mark, a quality assurance scheme, a programme accredited by City and Guilds
As a front-line grassroots organisation we have our pulse on users` needs and have earned their trust and built great rapport. Our Mission: Give every child a childhood today; The children of today are tomorrow`s leaders.
Young And Inspired aims to:
- Give children from fractured families or poverty stressed homes a safe nurturing space during out of school hours.
- Offer a supportive social network, where children can enjoy existing relationships, build new friendships,diversify friendships,eliminate prejudices and increase unity, diversity, social inclusion.
- Create a place where children from fractured and underprivileged families feel unashamed to enjoy meals where their families are unable to adequately provide.
- Offer range of recreational activities, like swimming, arts n crafts, play scheme, summer projects, evening activities and fun childhood opportunity.
- A place to develop and discover new skills and talents. Supporting young people to be job ready and manage money.
Established: January 2012
Registered Charity Number: 1145639
Board members: 4
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 020 3371 0997
Address: 26 Clapton CommonLondon E5 9BAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Drama makes me CalmerAn opportunity for multiply disadvantaged children, who are stressed out due to severe pov... More
Conquer The Kitchen (plus)Conquer the Kitchen aims to empower disadvantaged children & teenagers and teen mums and ... More
Little ExplorersLittle Explorers is an after school club for inner city children ages 8-14. Many children ... More
Passion Fruit ProjectEvery summer, Young & Inspired run a two-week residential holiday for disadvantaged teens ... More
Rise and ShineWe would like to run a daily breakfast club for 80 disadvantaged and deprived children age... More