Kipungani School Trust
Kipungani School Trust
The KST has built 16 primary schools in Kenya, employs 32 teachers and fully sponsors 100 kids through secondary school. This year we are building a huge new Polytechnic & another school near Malindi
The five founding principles of the Kipungani Schools Trust remain at its core and it is the implementation of these principles, together with the capabilities of its staff and volunteers, which has allowed the trust to achieve so much and for such relatively small sums of money over the last ten years.
1. All the money that is raised is sent to Kenya without deduction. The KST spends none of its donations on administration or fundraising.
2. In Kenya all the money is spent ethically, efficiently and with total transparency so as to ensure the most cost effective and sustainable results for our donors and the school children we are supporting.
3. The KST only engages local builders, only employs local laborers and only uses local materials. This is to ensure the maximum benefit from the building projects goes to the local community. The KST is totally committed to the use of environmental and sustainable building methods and materials.
4. The KST is in Kenya to enable not to dictate. The KST will build schools, pay for teaching materials and equipment, fund teachers and sponsor children at secondary schools. But the curriculum, the choice of staff, teaching methods and running of the school are the responsibility of the schools, their governors and their local communities.
5. The KST makes every effort to help and encourage the Kenyan Government to fulfill their commitment made in 2003, to provide a primary school education for every child in Kenya.
Kipungani School Trust aims to:
- To build schools to allow as many children as possible on the coast of Kenya to have a primary education.
- To fully sponsor the more able children though secondary school.
- To give those that don't go to secondary school a chance to learn a skill and a trade at one of the KST's two Polytechnics
Established: January 2000
Registered Charity Number: 1080588
Board members: 3
Phone number: +447776484938
Address: 9 Shalcomb Street sw10 0hzView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website