Reach Learning Disability
Reach Learning Disability
We provide fun, engaging informal courses & social activities for over 200 people with learning disabilities in Nottinghamshire from our bases in Southwell, Newark, Mansfield & our innovative Flower Pod horticultural social enterprise. We also run outreach courses. People from across the county access our activities. We offer 40 courses a week from cookery, ICT, arts & crafts, fitness, singing, dance... & lots more. Everything we do is shaped around individual needs & aspirations of our clients.
Reach Learning Disability's mission is to support adults with learning disabilities in Notttinghamshire to achieve and sustain the best possible quality of life within their local community.
- To offer life skills training and lifelong learning opportunities
- To offer a wide choice of social and recreational activities
- To provide advice and support to families
- To help create opportunities to be part of local life and contribute actively to the community
- To lobby agencies on behalf of clients
The guiding principles are that all activities should:
- Be high-quality, innovative, creative and be tailored to individual needs
- Create opportunities for meaningful participation
- Help people make new connections and friends within their local communities.
- Complement (not duplicate) existing local services.
- Offer opportunity to build self-esteem, confidence and communication skills.
- Offer opportunity for genuine self-expression, self-development, and progression as appropriate to each individual.
Our team of experienced professional tutors and volunteers works closely with people with learning disabilities and their family carers to identify and meet individual needs rather than a ‘one-size fits all’ approach. Everything we do is about offering genuinely personalised support that enables people to progress towards their goals - however large or small these may be.
Reach Learning Disability aims to:
- To enable people with learning disabilities in Nottinghamshire to enjoy improved emotional and physical health and well-being through a range of activities and health promotion work.
- To enable adults with learning disabilities to enjoy better interaction with others by building confidence and self-esteem, by improving communication skills, and to have a voice in their community.
- To offer people with learning disabilities a diverse choice of activities to enhance practical and personal skills, to promote more independent living with raised aspirations for the future
- To enable people with learning disabilities to enjoy meaningful activity within their local community, to have a voice within that community, and to feel themselves to be active citizens.
- To provide advice and support to people with learning disabilities and their family carers to help enhance quality of life; including lobbying agencies on their behalf as appropriate.
Established: January 1999
Registered Charity Number: 1076318
Board members: 11
Full time staff: 10
Part time staff: 30
Phone number: 01636 819066
Address: Prebend Passage, Southwell, Nottinghamshire NG25 0JHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Confetti ContinuedTo expand our Flower Pod petal confetti project to i) offer purposeful activity & courses ... More