Find A Voice
Find A Voice
Find A Voice is based in Kent and has been supporting children and adults with severe speech and communication problems since 1996. The equipment we loan them enables them to talk to their world.
A world in which people with severe speech problems are able to find their voice
Supporting people of all ages who have severe speech, language and communication needs by providing access to life enhancing advice, equipment and training
Our aims to achieve this are:
- a well informed and sympathetic advice service via telephone, email and personal contact for anyone with severe speech and communication difficulties; their families and carers, GPs and other practitioners
- specialist equipment on a no-cost trial basis to build basic communication skills, establish suitability of use and evidence of need
- advice and awareness training to public and private organisations to enable them to understand and communicate with those without a voice
- advice to legal, professional and public bodies on how best to communicate with and assist clients who have difficulty in voicing their needs
- contribute to and liaise with research and development channels to keep abreast of advances in communication technology
- develop relationships with organisations involved in relevant medical research, providing case histories when appropriate
- establish robust, diversified and sustainable funding
- continue to actively seek, value and build positive networking, exchange of information and collaboration with our partners.
Find A Voice aims to:
- We would like to extend our outreach service which runs throughout Kent and East Sussex. Our current staffing and equipment levels are not enough to keep up with the demand for our service.
Established: October 1996
Registered Charity Number: 1058697
Board members: 5
Part time staff: 5
Phone number: 01233 640443
Address: 49 Beaver Lane Ashford Kent TN24 9PFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Finding Voices - on the moveTo purchase a minibus as a "vehicle" to access education and enhance adults communication... More