In Touch was launched to provide support to famillies suffering due to the stigma surrounding thier special needs child.
We offer a range of programs for various ages throughout the year.
In Touch was established in 1999 to:
• Provide support and respite for parents/carers of special needs/disabled children.
• Develop a supportive network between families in similar situations.
• Reduce stigma surrounding a special needs child.
• Support disadvantaged youth who suffer due to their special needs sibling.
• Provide exciting opportunities for the children, keeping them distracted from their social and family issues.
This is done through:
• 24 hour helpline staffed by parents of a special needs child.
• Regular respite breaks for parents of special needs children.
• Weekends for couples providing professional facilitation.
• Monthly support groups for parents and siblings.
• Day Trips and Activities on weekends and national holidays.
• Regular newsletter.
• Sleep away camp for siblings of special children.
In Touch aims to:
- We aim to provide respite opportunities for the parents to have a chance to unwind in a pressure free setting where they will gain renewed energy to continue meeting their daily challenges.
- We are constantly providing various support programs where the famillies have a place to share and gain encouragement to deal with thier special need child.
- • We aim to Support disadvantaged children who suffer due to their special needs sibling. We provide exciting opportunities for children, keeping them distracted from their social and family issues.
Established: January 1999
Registered Charity Number: 1106740
Board members: 5
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 020 8211 1028
Address: 44 Chardmore Road London N16 6JHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website