Equality is a UK national support organisation that is empowering Roma to resolve employment, housing, education, health care and social welfare issues. We work with Roma and the providers of these services to reduce social exclusion, discrimination and exploitation. We also help service providers adapt their services to better meet the needs of the ethnic minority group.
Equality is a charity that works to uphold and secure the rights of ethnic minority groups in Great Britain, Northern Ireland and across Europe. We primarily help Roma who migrated from the new EU Member States. Roma are regarded as the most vulnerable and deprived ethnic group within Europe. Equality empowers them to resolve employment, housing, education, health care and social welfare issues. We help by building dialogue, understanding and co-operation between Roma community, local authorities and service providers
Equality aims to:
- To work with Roma parents to promote the benefits of education for their children and their responsibility to ensure that children attend school.
- To provide information and training to managers and elected representatives of local authorities on the situation of Roma communities in their areas
- To work with national, regional and local media to ensure there is more factual and balanced reporting on Roma and migration, employment, education and social welfare issues.
- To combat exploitation of Roma by gang-masters and employment agencies by advocating for stricter enforcement of regulations and providing advice on the legal position to Roma
- To empower Roma community leaders to build strong civil society organisations that forge partnerships with providers of services in education, health care, housing, employment and social welfare
Established: January 2009
Registered Charity Number: 1138914
Board members: 1
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 01483338188
Address: 19 The Malt House, The Drays, Long Melford, Suffolk CO10 9TPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Equality in EducationThe project will help Roma children in three different schools to express who they are, th... More