The Axis Educational Trust
The Axis Educational Trust
Founded in 1994, the Axis Educational Trust is a registered charity which aims to provide high quality, coordinated affordable supplementary education to primary and secondary school pupils.
The Axis Educational Trust has been working in education and running supplementary schools across the UK since 1994. We believe that given the right support, every child can achieve academic success and we are committed to providing that support in our supplementary schools, our educational programmes, and our work with the teachers and educationalists who are shaping our future.
We have supplementary schools across the UK providing high-level tuition in literacy, numeracy, and critical thinking. Our branches offer after-school lessons designed to help children with English and Maths, as well as three hour weekend classes which cover both disciplines. Our courses are designed to meet the needs facing children today, focusing on basic skills, building on each pupil’s strengths and improving in areas where they are struggling.
At our schools, our staff use the Suffolk Reading Scale and Progress in Maths to gauge each child’s skills in literacy and numeracy when they begin our course. This gives our teachers information on what type of learner each child is and makes it possible to gear their teaching towards each child’s abilities. From our experience in education, we know that it is useful for teachers, pupils, and parents to have recognisable targets: we, therefore, use the information from these tests to set demanding but achievable targets to work towards each term. We monitor these targets through mid-term and end-of-term tests.
The Axis Educational Trust aims to:
- Providing affordable supplementary education for Primary and Secondary Students in English and Maths.
- Providing courses for adults in terms of ICT, ESOL, Budgeting and Skills for Life.
- Providing a forum for serious discussion over the issues facing pupils, parents, and schools in the UK today. At our London offices, we hold monthly seminars, lectures, and roundtable talks.
- Developing and supporting new teachers or supply teachers by offering teaching roles in our supplementary schools.
- Providing book reading and discussion camps for teenagers at Summer, Christmas and Easter Breaks.
Established: November 1994
Registered Charity Number: 1041474
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 15
Part time staff: 50
Phone number: 02076079330
Address: 30A DRAYTON PARK N5 1PBView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
ACTIVE MINDS - AXIS SUMMER LEARNING PROGRAMMEChildren need a rest from formal education but, studies show some forget up to a third of ... More
Seven Sisters Tuition CentreOur charity would like to open a new learning centre in Seven Sisters/Haringey to provide ... More
FAMILY LEARNING CENTREWe want to open a new learning centre in Hendon to provide courses for parents & their chi... More