Sussex Emmaus provides a home and work for men and women many of whom have been previously homeless or unemployed. It gives people a chance to rebuild their lives in a supportive environment.
The Emmaus Brighton & Hove works with formerly homeless and other socially excluded people so that together we can gain control of our lives, discover a sense of common purpose and help others in greater need.
Principles, Values and Vision
• Value and respect every person, opposing injustice
• Be transparent and honest in all our dealings
• Demonstrate Solidarity and support for those in need
• Create an environment of empowerment
• Share and exchange resources, skills and leaning
• Support and foster interdependence and cherish independence
• Work to live and give
Sussex Emmaus aims to:
- Increase our profile in order to generate funds and support that enable us to achieve our strategic objectives.
- Influence, support and promote the work of Emmaus, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Improve the quality of support, engagement and empowerment so that Companions, Employees, Trustees and Volunteers say that Emmaus has changed their lives for the better.
Established: February 1997
Registered Charity Number: 1053354
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 8
Phone number: 01273426479
Address: Drove Road Portslade Brighton East Sussex BN41 2PAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
The Green House at Emmaus Brighton&HoveTo create a garden project on the Emmaus site which will become a sustainable business. We... More