Friends Of Ecsat
Friends Of Ecsat
Providing community services for children with disabilities in Sri Lanka to help them and their families become part of the community.
Bringing disabled children in Sri Lanka out of their homes through support to their families, training for teachers, inclusive educational clubs, community awareness, free community-based medical clinics and consultations, life skills for those in institutions, and training for employment and income generation. We believe every disabled person has the right to inclusion in every aspect of life and we strive to achieve this through supporting the development of services that listen to disabled people, react to their needs, and help them to improve their own lives in the long term.
Friends Of Ecsat aims to:
- To support activities that identify isolated disabled children and their families and bring them out of their homes to live a meaningful community life. This includes outreach support and family help.
- To support activities that improve the quality of and access to inclusive education for disabled children. This may include teacher training, inclusive classes and one to one teaching in the home.
- To support activities that raise awareness in Sri Lanka of the rights and capacities of people with disabilities. This may include community sessions, media coverage and local and national events.
- To support activities that enable disabled people to earn an income - ideally alongside non-disabled people. This may include skills training, provision of materials or work experience.
- To support activities that minimise institutionalisation of disabled people. This may include life skills training, liaison with institutions to improve entry and exit systems.
Established: April 2008
Registered Charity Number: 1132881
Board members: 3
Phone number: 07535679099
Address: 12 Lightfoot Grove Basingstoke Hants RG21 3HUView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website