Bath Area Play Project
Bath Area Play Project
Bath Area Play Project are a passionate and inclusive local charity committed to facilitating and supporting the child's right to play and the importance of family relationships as children develop.
BAPP use play as a process of engagement through a diverse range of services. Family Play Support works with targetted children who have poor attachment to parents, low self-esteem and are socially isolated.
The power of play for reaching and connecting children to their families has enabled signifcant and positive change for childrens' outcomes.
BAPP provide a range of inclusive and specialised user-led play opportunities for children and young people aged from birth to 19 years of age. We are committed to providing and supporting children to access services in their own community. We fully support the inclusion of disabled and disadvantaged children in all of our services and are proud to have a high inclusion rate. We work in the deprived areas of this authority ensuring consistent and high quality play opportunities for all children.
We support people working with children across B&NES through provision of training and continuing professional development courses, a toy and equipment library, support for raising quality and promoting inclusion as well as two networks for workers to come together for support. We provide a range of services on an outreach basis as well as Teenage Rampage for disabled teenagers, SOFA - Summer of Fun Activities an inclusive programme for 12 -16 year olds and a play event service.
Bath Area Play Project aims to:
- Aim 5: To develop partnership working with other organisations and represent play development at different meetings and forums
- Aim 4: To support and facilitate Play Development in disadvantaged communities and to organise one comunity play event and one fundraising event each year
- Aim 1:To strengthen the governance of the organisation and establish sustainability
- Aim 2: To further improve our internal and external communication methods and our monitoring and evaluation systems
- Aim 3: To maintain and to develop existing services for children & young people and the Family Play Support Service
Established: July 1979
Registered Charity Number: 1013897
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 12
Phone number: 01225 832479
Address: Odd Down Community Centre Bath BA2 2TLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Play Out WildOpportunities for excluded children in small groups to spend time playing out with qualifi... More