Bedazzle Projects: All inclusive courses, events, shows, short breaks, workshops; in theatre arts, visual arts, healthy life-style, diet, fitness. Emphasis on Special Educational and/or Assisted Needs
Bedazzle Projects: A charity dedicated to the advancement of education in the performing arts, it's all inclusive with particular emphasis on those who are disadvantaged. It creates and delivers courses, events, shows, programmes and initiatives in performing arts, visual arts, fitness and life-style. It aims to attract funding to support those who are disadvantaged, particularly children and young adults with Special Educational and/or Assisted Needs. Bedazzle disciplines include, theatre skills, singing, dancing, acting, drama, art, crafts, filming, audio-visual recording, fitness, diet & food, fitness, cooking, life skills. The Charities Commission approves Bedazzle in the following main categories: Arts & Culture, Education & Training, People with Disabilities, Sports/Recreation, Children & Young People, Nutrition & Diet, Health, Undertaking Research, Human resources, Benefiting other charitable organisations, New media & internet, Improving dexterity/manual skills, Confidence-building, Independent living skills. Bedazzle's aims: Instilling Confidence, Inspiring Creativity, Improve Communication Skills. Bedazzle offers all its students, of any ability, the chance to perform in the Bedazzle Annual Variety Show. The shows are prestigious events showcasing our students' talents in drama, song and dance and alternate annually between London and Cambridge. For 2012, the show will be held at West Road Concert Hall in Cambridge. Students also perform in their own local shows.
Bedazzle Projects aims to:
- Encourage Fitness. Theatre arts is a great way to improve all-round fitness. Dancing in particular, follows safe and incremental methods.
- Improve Nutritional awareness. Through simple step-by-step courses in food preparation, encouraging participants to eat healthily, cut-down on sugar, salt, saturated fat intake.
- Instilling Confidence. Enabling participants in Bedazzle Project initiatives to take active part in all its disciplines and increasing their confidence and self-esteem.
- Increasing Communication Skills. Teaching participants to improve their dexterity in all its forms, vocal-training, speech enhancement, hand control, observation, understanding of creative arts.
- Inspiring Creativity. Allowing participants to express themselves through theatre arts as well as arts & crafts.
Established: May 2011
Registered Charity Number: 1140390
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 4
Part time staff: 25
Phone number: 07841990609
Address: The Garden Cottage, Shortgrove Newport Saffron Walden Essex CB11 3TXView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website