Three Wings Trust
Three Wings Trust
Provision of support to families with disabled child/children who live in the London Boroughs of Richmond, Hounslow and Kingston. Uniquely we also support siblings and have no eligibility criteria.
To ensure that every young person with disability benefits from an improved quality of life through provision of individual support for them, and their families, from birth through to adulthood. We work with each family and assess carefully each individual’s needs and provide practical advice, help and support, having respect for the individual nature of each child or young person and work to improve their emotional well being at each stage in their development.
1 Be Holistic
• take account of everyone’s physical, mental, and social conditions,
• provide services that address all their needs
• Listen to, and appreciate the views and opinions of employees, members, trustees,
volunteers and stakeholders.
• Treat all members, employees, volunteers and stakeholders with respect and
• Partner the children & young people, carers, parents, siblings and extended families to involve them in developing our services
• Work collaboratively with voluntary and statutory agencies to deliver quality services
• Act impartially in the interests of our service users and campaign effectively for the rights of families with disabled children.
• Retain governance separate from statutory bodies or political parties
• Provide assessments, advice and support that leads to tangible outcomes for young people and their families
• Ensure our interventions and advice is the very best we can achieve
Three Wings Trust aims to:
- To support families with a disabled child / children who live in the boroughs of Richmond, Hounslow and Kingston. The services are provided to the child, their sibling and parents / carers.
- To provide family and parenting support to families with complex needs, enabling them to develop coping strategies to address financial, emotional and physical needs and gain control of their lives.
- To provide short term respite for parents and siblings through our befriending and sitting service where our trained staff care for the disabled child / young person in the family home or externally.
- To help the disabled young person develop strategies to cope with their emotional and/or behavioural challenges through provision of psycho- and play- therapies both 121, in group sessions or school.
- To provide events and activities that develop the physical, emotional and cultural well-being and enable them to better enjoy life and develop their independent living skills.
Established: September 1988
Registered Charity Number: 1046531
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 5
Part time staff: 50
Phone number: 020 8831 6175
Address: Croft Centre 16 Windham Road Richmond TW9 2HPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Family support for disabled children/ young peopleOur Family and Parenting Support (FPS) service provides practical, holistic support, empow... More