We are an Educational Charity that enables adults who have recently arrived into the UK as children or refugees or Asylum Seekers. We teach them Free as they any not entitled to public funds.
Provide Education to the "Hard to Reach" and Integrate them in to Society. We enable Adults who many not have any formal Educational Qualifications from the UK and ensure that they have an equal chance of applying for meaningful employment and not just drift from one part-time job to another. Most of these adults that we teach in the daytime are women form the BME community who have arrived into the UK as partners or Refugees ot Asylum seekers. Most If not all have a language barrier. They have never spoken English and therefor would never be able to secure any kind of employment due to lack of transferable skills. Most of them are in their late thirties and are totally dependent on benefits or handout from places of worship. They have lack of Social Housing and are always sharing with two or three other families. Though they have a very low esteem of themselves, they are a pleasure to teach. In the evenings we teach their Children through supplementary Education Programmes. This equips their Children to become good citizens of UK and the Education values enables them to ensure that their parents are not in a poverty trap for the rest of their lives whilst in living in the UK. Many Children have now grown up in the British Education system and will progress onto Universities. However, their parents are still dependent on their children to provided the household with an Income and thus they mix Education with part time de-meaning jobs. Often a hot meal is at School.
Alpha Tutorials aims to:
- Provide Support and Basic Education to the
- Enable the women of the BME Community to become Integrated into the British Society and not feel like outcasts. Provide them with Basic
- To enable the Children of these groups of people to ensure that their Children are equipped with the help to cope with School life and ensure that they have a right to supplementary educational help.
- TO ensure that we provide Community cohesion amongst all the Centre users Irrespective of what religious beliefs they have. To enable centre users to become good citizens of the UK cultural respect.
- To enhance the Education of the youths who live in the Inner City by providing them with the opportunity to learn how to play muscial Instruments and also learn about management of small allotments.
Established: September 1984
Registered Charity Number: 1130855
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 20
Phone number: 07713859933
Address: 308 Melton Road Leicester LE4 7SLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website